Friday, April 2, 2010

Preggo Update - Week 37 and 38

Conner:

Size - Conner is about 20 inches long and weighs apx. 7 pounds at the beginning of 37 weeks!

Activity – Things are becoming a bit cramped in there for the little man. He is still very active but has limited movement.

Labor signs – Lots of contractions the last few days. Nothing patterned but they are getting stronger and longer. Last week the doc said Conner was a lot lower and I was softening, so the contractions are doing their job. No dilation as of yet, but I go in again Monday, so we’ll see. I keep hoping that the next time I go in, they make me stay!

As far as Conner is concerned, he is just enjoying the last few weeks of his comfy little home and waiting for the big day. He is about a pound less now than he will be at birth and he is fully developed and 100% viable. He is the baby he will be when we meet for the first time.

Me:
Size – I pretty much feel like a house. I haven’t gained a lot of weight the past few weeks, but between my belly expanding, the swelling in my hands face and ankles, and Conner getting bigger, I feel like a whale. I am sure that it will all be better soon, but man it has been a rough few weeks.

What I am wearing – This really doesn’t matter anymore at all… honestly, if I could walk around naked all day I would be really comfortable – but no one wants to see that so I pretty much stick to PJ’s and comfortable clothes that aren’t too tight and that I can move around in easily.

Strange stuff – Nothing too weird this week except for feeling like I have been hit by a Mack truck and I am so tired that I feel I could sleep for days. I have been really emotional and cry at the dumbest things. I am trying to hang in there and stay positive and patient, but with the due date being so close I am having a bit of a hard time.

Food cravings – Ice cream, pineapple, anything juicy, water

Status of belly button – a visible outie now!

What I miss – not being pregnant…. Not that I can remember what that feels like!

In General:Best movement this week – He sticks his whole butt out and moves from side to side. It kinda hurts a little, but reminds me of how big he is and how close we are to meeting.

Most looking forward to – knowing I am in labor for sure. I have had contractions on and off the for the last couple of weeks and am really looking forward to knowing that things are starting.

Words to live by – Let people help you. People want to help you. You will appreciate it. The more you do the worse you will feel. I have a hard time letting go, but I have been pleasantly surprised letting Dave take the reigns and he has done so much to make me comfortable and keep me calm. My sister and brother, moms and dad – they have all chipped in to make my life easier knowing that I have a hard time doing things by myself. I could not be more grateful.

Milestones – Less than 20 days… I don’t even know what to say. It has been an interesting ride these past 10 months, and I am eagerly awaiting the end now that it is in sight. Oh yeah and Stretch marks ZERO Jenny ONE! My belly is fully intact without any blemishes or stripes… whoop whoop!!!

All I can really say at this point is COME ON BABY! I am so ready to be done and I do not feel bad about saying that. I have been the model pregnant girl for 10 months and I want to meet my son and get back to normal. There are a lot of things that I miss and there are a lot of things coming up that I cannot wait for so I am ready as I will ever be…

Peace,
Pinner

2 comments:

Jewel said...

Man, I can't imagine feeling what you're feeling. But I will soon! I'm at 32 weeks Tuesday. I've been following you, and I want to see pictures, although I can probably understand why you don't feel like posting them. Good luck!!!!

Pinner1 said...

Hey! I just saw this... I am feeling pretty overwhelmed but OK. I am gonna post some pics, I have been meaning to, but it is hard to put on normal clothes and make-up ;) Best of luck to you with your pregnancy and just know it isn't that bad... it's kinda fun. The waiting is really the hardest part.

Related Posts with Thumbnails