Monday, December 28, 2009

Making people

Today has been really good to me. I love being pregnant - especially when Conner reminds me that he is here. Those little movements still feel like flutters but they are getting stronger every day. Now that he has a name things are becoming more into focus. Before it was a abstract thought that we would have a child and that child was growing inside me, now it feels much more real. His nursery has a few things in it and Dave built the crib and the changing table. I am working on his paintings for his room and my sister gave me all her son's outgrown clothes. I have been asked about the baby shower and my pre-pregnancy jeans are so far from fitting I have hidden then out of sight. Dot and Daisy are even acting differently as if they are aware that there will be a monumental change in our home. I am going to be a mother and my husband a father. That sentence right there is so foreign yet so meaningful to me. Man I am crazy excited. Today I went and just stood in his room. Feeling him move and looking at his things really gave me a sense of pride, fear, and some serious tear action. I love him...

Pregnancy has been good to me. I was not enjoying the first three months, but it is over and I am on to the dare I say, fun stuff. I have quite the baby bump, and my whole appearance has changed. I see myself looking completely different than I did last summer. Besides the weight gain I just feel content and happy and I think that shows in my appearance. Don't get me wrong - there are some days I feel like I look like a female version of humpty dumpty, but it waxes and wanes. I had a lot of energy today which surprised me because this last week was exhausting. We hosted Christmas here this year and that was a ton of work. The cooking, cleaning, shopping, organizing, decorating, baking, baby making, all kicked my butt. I made it through unscathed and have some great memories for the bank. Today was just one of those days that I sat by myself and went through all of it in my mind with a smile on my face and subtle kicks to my bladder...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails