Monday, February 8, 2010

Preggo Update - Week 30!!!

Conner:

Size - Conner is about 16 inches long and weighs apx. 3 pounds!

Activity - Oh Conner... I love you. He is moving around a lot. I love just sitting in the bath watching him move around and playing "guess the body part" with his movements. I can feel that he is definitely head down which is good for both of us. I am starting to feel his toes tickle right below my ribcage and his hands and arms down by my pubic bone. It is nuts when he moves all his extremities at once - I feel movement all through my abdomen, it is awesome.

Labor signs - LOTS of contractions this week. It was a stressful week so that I thought may have had something to do with it. That and I am getting a lot bigger and things are becoming new to me again (just when I was getting used to the third trimester!) Nothing serious and most of them are either in the morning or when I wake up from sleep as Conner is most active while I am sleeping and I sometimes wake up to some pain in my belly from all his activity.

Conner is getting chubbier and cuter as we speak! He gained about 1/2 a pound this week and will continue at that rate, maybe a little less, until he is born. His eyes are continuing to develop as well as that brilliant brain. I have started my DHA supplements along with my prenatal regimen to support optimal brain and eye development from now through breastfeeding. I found a great website that ships straight to my house and for about half the cost of the drug store. Conner's sense of taste is now fully developed and now more than ever, what I eat so does he.

Me:
Size - I officially feel huge. It really depends on what mirror I look into though. Does anyone else have that? My bathroom mirror makes me look massive while the full length one inside my closet door makes me look at least proportionate. I have gained 28 pounds total so far this pregnancy and am well aware that I will be gaining more before I lose any. I have my sis to look up to though, she looks freaking fabulous and had Greyson nine months ago... there is hope for us all!

What I am wearing - Well, I broke down and went shopping. Damn Old Navy and their amazing sales. I received their flier via e-mail that said "HUGE Maternity SALE". Granted, I was a little put off that they used the words "huge" and "maternity" in the same tagline - jerks - but I got over it once I clicked. I went into the store with my sis and was able to get things that will fit me throughout the rest of my pregnancy. This made me happy. I also went through my closet and separated all the things that I can wear from all the things that I cannot. It was always so tough looking at all my clothes that barely cover my gigantic (fill in the blank). I am feeling good in my new clothes though... as long as I try not to look at myself from the side :)

Strange stuff - Well - the hand pain has come back. I am thinking maybe it has something to do with all the painting. I told Dave though that it was from folding laundry. We'll see how that one goes… I have morning sickness again, but it is very mild. I have to remember not to eat like a cavewoman who only sees food once a week and eat smaller meals more often. I feel like I have to pee all the time, but I don't and my face looks really "full" to me - like my nose grew or something. I miss my cheekbones! Anyway, I am sleeping better and my skin has cleared up - even looks better than it did before I was pregnant.

Food cravings - Soda, water, grapefruit, random chocolate items, and pasta.

Status of belly button - yup, it's an outie.

What I miss - sitting with my legs closed comfortably, sleeping on my back, wine, skinny thighs, painted toenails, talking about things other than being pregnant, spring, moving around without grunting, a clean house.
In General:
Best movement this week - toes poking my ribcage! I have been waiting for that...

Most looking forward to - Spring! I feel like February is like the "hump day" of months. You know January is going to be cold - that is a given - February is the middle month that gets you to March and March is hope. Hope that spring is around the corner and we can begin to look forward to warmth again! This spring will be amazing because Conner will be here and we can pick lilacs and walk through the cherry blossoms and do all that wonderful springtime stuff together.

Words to live by - Make yourself feel beautiful!!! This was important to me because I was starting to get kind of bummed about my appearance and realized that instead of sulking I should do something! I started prenatal yoga that I have to say is awesome, went to get a nice new haircut, had my eyebrows waxed, bought some new clothes, and scheduled myself for a massage. I figure that after Conner is born I won't have a lot of time for myself so I should take advantage now.

Milestones - We are in the single digits now! After Saturday we will have 9 weeks until Conner is here... To me that is completely crazy and it has so not sunk in yet, but I am excited. I finished my first birthing book without feeling petrified and have made some pretty concrete decisions on how I want Conner to come into this world.

Well, I feel pretty awesome in general. I have still maintained the ability to laugh at myself and stay really positive. I am trying to not complain about anything and embrace all that this pregnancy has to offer. I know that there are things that I am insecure about lurking in dark corners and I will deal with them as I come to them. Mostly I am feeling a little self conscious about my weight gain, but I just look in my skinny mirror and put on my size S tops that I bought to give me a little boost ;) Dave has been awesome and supportive and pretty much an all around perfect husband for me during all of this. He even averts his eyes or starts talking to me when a hot skinny girl comes up on the TV... I love him for that. My alphabet paintings are almost half way completed, I manage to read, work, take a nice long bath, yoga, and eat dinner with Dave every night - So I am staying busy. Life is good, weather is turning around, baby is healthy - couldn't ask for anything more...

Peace,
Pinner

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails