Warning - I have not yet created this project beyond the pictures in my mind, so if there are some serious flaws to my design please feel free let me know.
Homemade Cork Board
- wine corks apx 50 - discard plastic and torn corks
- 1/4 in Plywood cut to size
- Wood Glue
- Hanging Hardware
- framing - I will most likely use 1/4 round or something similar
- Paint or stain plywood depending on your taste
- Cut all the corks lengthwise and begin gluing from the middle of the plywood. Alternate between vertical and horizontal placement making sure that the winery is showing on each cork. (tip - use 2 corks at a time for each placement = II = II ensuring that the placement is even)
- Make sure that all the winery names are facing the same way.
- Allow glue to dry for a day or so
- Stain or paint the framing and add to the board
- Add hanging hardware to the back, find a stud, and hang it up
- Voila! A brand new cork board... congrats!